The Town of Apex Downtown Master Plan and Parking Study (Downtown Plan) will establish a guiding vision for downtown Apex, address commercial and residential markets, identify projects for placemaking and public spaces, and recommend parking strategies. The plan will include action strategies, cost estimates, and recommend leaders for plan implementation. The entire area within the Apex Peakway will be considered, but the main focus will be on the historic downtown core.
Throughout the planning process, the public can get up-to-date information on opportunities for engagement and the plan itself by visiting the tabs below.
Your input is important! There are many ways you can be a part of the planning process. Check back for updates, or provide your email to receive a notice when new opportunities are announced.
Coming to PeakFest on May 4th? Stop by the Town’s Planning Department booth to learn more about the Downtown Plan.
Public Open House
Thursday, May 9th
4:00pm - 6:30pm (drop in anytime)
Halle Cultural Arts Center (237 N. Salem Street)
Drop by the open house to learn about the Downtown Plan and provide initial input about needs, opportunities, and your vision for downtown.
The planning process will include many opportunities for public engagement, including an online survey, four-day design charrette, and additional presentations. Sign up for email updates to receive notice of future events.
A Steering Committee representing a range of perspectives was appointed to guide plan development. The Steering Committee will be engaged throughout the planning process. Representatives will also participate in all outreach activities. Steering Committee members include:
- Alexis Jenssen, Apex Farmers Market
- Brett Gantt, Town Council Planning Committee, Town of Apex
- Erin Thompson, Apex Historical Society
- Joe Foresta, Downtown developer
- Julia Beam, Apex Downtown Business Association
- Karin Cleary, Downtown resident
- Kyle Denis, Downtown business owner
- Lance Olive, Mayor, Town of Apex
- Nick Bryant, Apex Transit Committee, Town of Apex
- Reggie Skinner, Planning Board, Town of Apex
- Shane Reese, Apex Downtown Business Association
- Shannon Flaherty, Apex Chamber of Commerce
- Stuart Jones, Downtown business owner
- Tim Shaw, Apex Baptist Church
- Tom Colwell, Public Art Committee & Parks, Recreation, and Cultural Resources Advisory Commission
Downtown Plan development is about a 10-month process. Data gathering kicked off in February 2019. The plan should be completed and adopted by Town Council by December 2019.
Plan documents and maps will be posted here for review and comment. Sign up to receive an email notice when new material is posted.