About Open Gym
- Masks are required inside the Community Center at all times
- You can lose your membership if your card is used by anyone else
- Only times listed on the Open Gym Schedule are available for open play. This schedule is subject to change without notice
- Private Lessons, personal training, team practices, and group lessons are not permitted during Open Gym
- Individuals and groups are not permitted to use the Community Center for profit or personal gain
- Please share the courts and take turns, especially during crowded times
- Children ages 10 and under must be accompanied by an adult (18+) at all times
Open Gym Passes
Open Gym passes may be purchased by Apex residents (resides within the corporate town limits) or non-residents. Passes include 10 visits for:
|Apex Residents ||Non-Residents |
|Children (7 and under): Free||Children (7 and under): $5|
|Youth (8-17): $5||Youth (8-17): $20|
|Adults (18-54): $10||Adults (18-54): $30|
|Seniors (55+): Free||Seniors (55+): $20|
Single day guest passes can be purchased for $5 (includes non-residents).
- Absolutely no dunking or hanging on the rim.
- Absolutely no food, drink, or gum is permitted in the gym. Athletic shoes and appropriate gym attire must be worn at all times
- Community Center staff reserves the right to ask users to move to side goals or use the curtain to separate the gym in order to accommodate as many users as possible.
- The use of equipment such as cones, agility ladders, garbage cans, chairs, etc. is prohibited during Open Gym.
- Horseplay, fighting, swearing, abusive language and/or destruction of town property are prohibited throughout Apex Community Center and will result in immediate dismissal. Anyone asked to leave will be suspended from the Community Center for a minimum of one week.
- Participation in Open Gym requires registration and participants must sign in and receive a wristband for each visit. Nonresidents or resident guests must pay $5 for each visit.
- You are encouraged to bring your own basketballs now for Open Gym. The front desk will only have a few basketballs available for participants to use, and participants will need to present a photo ID (i.e.- a driver’s license or an Open Gym card) in order to check out a basketball. Volleyballs will always be provided during scheduled volleyball open gym times and do not need to be brought in or checked out.
- Personal items may not be stored in locker facilities over night. Community Center personnel will remove all locks at the end of the day. The Town of Apex is not responsible for lost or stolen property.
- The Open Gym Schedules change frequently due to gym availability. Be sure to check the link above for the current schedule.
Split Court Use
When 2 courts are available for either basketball or volleyball, 1 court may be designated as an adult court (ages 16 and older) and the other as a youth court (ages 15 and under).
There will be a sign in sheet at both courts. If pick-up games are being played, teams will be formed according to the sign-up sheet. Winners will stay on the court and will play the next team on the sign in sheet. Once a team loses and those players wish to play again, participants are required to place their name back on the sign in sheet.
If you want to use the court for casual practice, and others are waiting, then you will have 20 minutes once you have signed in.
Adults can use the youth court if no one is using it but once a youth user comes to use the court then all adults must move off of the court. The same rule will also apply for if youth are using the adult side.
Youth & Teens (Ages 8-17)
A parent / guardian must complete and sign the Open Gym Registration Form before a child can obtain an Open Gym Pass. Open Gym is an unsupervised, unstructured program. Participation is at your own risk. Disruptive behavior will not be tolerated.
Parent / guardian will be contacted if there are problems. Repeated disruptive behavior could result in the loss or suspension of an Open Gym Pass without refund.