We encourage you to get out and enjoy our parks and facilities whenever possible! You will need to apply for a license or permit if you would like to fish or use a vessel in one of our lakes. Applications are processed at the John M. Brown Community Center during normal hours, and you will need to come in person to receive your license or permit.
A Town of Apex Fishing License is required for fishing in the following three parks:
- Apex Community Park
- Salem Pond Park
- Seagroves Farm Park
Fees: An Apex fishing license is free for Apex Residents. Non-Resident fees vary by age as detailed below. One day guest passes may be purchased by anyone for a $5 fee.
- Age 12 & Under $10
- Age 13-54 $25
- Age 55 & Over $6
Fishing licenses are annual, valid 12 months from the date issued. You will receive a photo ID card when you apply. Fishing is only permitted during posted hours. Anglers age 16+ must also hold a State of North Carolina Fishing License and abide by all regulations regarding keel limits as established by the NCWC. Call 888-248-6843 or visit NC Wildlife for more information.
Tackle Loaner Program (TLP)
Apex also participates in the NCWRC Tackle Loaner Program. Learn more about how to utilize this program below:
- This program is open to all ages. To sign up, you will complete a registration form at the John M. Brown Community Center (must be signed by someone 18+). After registration you will receive a TLP card with your name on it.
- In order to borrow equipment, you will need to give the front desk staff your TLP card in exchange for the gear. You will be issued one fishing rod and one tackle box.
- You will need to return the loaner rod and tackle by sundown on the same day. Fishing is available at Apex Community Park, Seagroves Farm Park and Salem Pond Park. (You will also need a Town of Apex Fishing License to fish at these parks)
- If the TLP participant is under 16 and this is their first time using TLP, then they get to keep their tackle box!
- Once the equipment has been returned, you will receive your card back to use another time.
A Town of Apex seasonal permit is required to launch vessels on the Apex Community Park Lake. All permits expire on December 31st of the year purchased. Permits must be affixed to your vessel and visible at all times.
Fees: Residents $5 / vessel
Non-residents $40 / vessel
Vessels are defined as canoes, kayaks, paddle boards, sailboards and john boats. No other vessels are permitted. Vessel length may not exceed 14ft. Inflatables are prohibited. Battery powered trolling motors are the only authorized power source for vessels. Only car-topped vessels are permitted. Vessels must be carried by hand from the parking lot to the launch site as driving on the greenway trails is prohibited by Town ordinance. A USCG approved lifejacket must be worn by each occupant of each vessel at all times while launching and while on the lake.
All boating is at your own risk. Swimming and wading is prohibited by Town ordinance. Launching is permitted from designated areas only and boating is only allowed during daylight, regular park hours. If you want to fish from your vessel, you will also need the fishing license described above.
For more information on state regulations please visit www.ncwildlife.org or call the North Carolina Wildlife Commission, 888-248-6843.
John M. Brown Community Center
53 Hunter Street
Apex, NC 27502
Phone: (919) 249-3402
Fax: (919) 249-3368
Monday thru Friday, 8am - 9pm
Saturday, 9am - 6pm
Sunday, 1pm - 6pm
(Closed Sundays, June - August)