Office of the Town Clerk
A Message From the Town Clerk
Thank you for visiting the Office of the Town Clerk's website. The Town Clerk is committed to providing you with the highest quality of customer service possible.
Appointed by and reporting directly to the Mayor and Town Council, the Town Clerk serves as direct link between residents of the community and their government. If me or my team can assist you in anyway, we encourage you to call or visit the Clerk's Office.
The Office of the Town Clerk is Responsible for:
- Maintaining town records and overseeing the town's record retention program
- Overseeing the adoption and publication of the Town's Code of Ordinances
- Preparing agendas and minutes for all meetings of the Town Council
- Managing the Mayor and Town Council's Advisory Boards and Commissions
- Managing the Town's Legislative Agenda and serve as the federal and state governmental relations liaison on behalf of the Town
- Managing the sale and transfer of plots in the Apex Cemetery
- Serving as the official keeper of the town seal
- Providing executive support to the Mayor and each member of the Town Council
- Designing and maintaining responsive systems and processes that inform the public of the Town Council’s legislative actions;
- Encouraging resident engagement through community partnerships which supports diverse participation in democratic spaces;
- Preserving and managing the Town’s official records for efficient access and retrieval;
- Leveraging technology to improve accessibility to local government internally and externally;
- Monitoring local, state, and federal legislative activities and providing research and strategic analysis to determine the impact to the Town;
- Providing exceptional support service to the Mayor, Town Council, and Staff to assist them in providing excellent service to the community
Records pertaining to the town’s history from the 1800’s to present are available for you to research by appointment. Contact the Clerk's office at (919) 249-1260 or by email.
Public Records Requests
Requests for public records are handled through the Town Clerk’s office. Submit your request by completing our online form.
Proclamation & Letter of Honor Requests
Advisory Boards and Commissions
A great way residents can have a positive impact on the future of the Town is to serve on one of our resident advisory boards or committees! Learn more and submit an application today by visiting this webpage. Questions should be directed to the Town Clerk at 919-249-1260 or by email.