The Town of Apex Affordable Housing Plan establishes a vision and goals related to affordable housing, analyzes needs based on existing conditions and trends, and provides recommendations with an action plan for implementation. The plan was developed with public input, the guidance of a robust Steering Committee, and with the expertise of HR&A Advisors, Inc. It was adopted unanimously by Town Council in February 2021.
Comments or questions about the Affordable Housing Plan can be directed to Michael Linsenmeyer, Senior Housing Specialist, by email.
The goals of the Affordable Housing Plan are to:
- Welcome, attract, and retain a diverse population.
- Meet the housing needs of a diverse population, including providing housing that is affordable to people with moderate and low incomes and of different age groups.
- Connect affordable housing development with transit service, transportation infrastructure, and amenities.
- Partner regionally to meet the housing needs of vulnerable populations.
- Raise community awareness of affordable housing needs, solutions, and broader impacts.
Apex will meet these goals by...
|BUILDING THE TOWN’S CAPACITY|
- Town Staff Capacity
- Housing Advisory Board
|IMPLEMENTING PROGRAMS AND POLICIES|
- Affordable Housing Incentive Zoning
- Owner-Occupied Rehabilitation
- Assistance Low Income Housing Tax Credit
- Gap Financing Support for Homeownership
|ADVANCING ADVOCACY AND PUBLIC EDUCATION|
- Annual Housing Report
- Diversity & Racial Equity Initiatives
- Affordable Housing Advocacy Partners
- Transit Oriented Development Density
- Public Land Acquisition & Sale
- Emergency Rental Assistance & Supportive Services
- Accessory Apartments
- “Soft Density” Zoning By-Right
Sign-up below to receive updates regarding the Town’s efforts to implement the Affordable Housing Plan.