Important - Please Read This Page!
Connections and disconnections of utility services are available Monday - Friday unless the Town is closed for an official holiday.
The Town of Apex offers the following services: Electric, Water, Sewer, Garbage, Recycling and Yard Waste. Services may vary depending on location.
Examples of limited service areas:
Avalon Peaks: Water, Sewer and Recycling Only
Beckett's Crossing, Carriage Downs, Citiside, Sunset Hills & Waterford Green: Water, Sewer, Garbage, Recycling and Yard Waste Only
Bishops Gate, Giverny & Weathersby: Electric Only
The list above is not all inclusive, please contact Customer Service at (919) 362-8676 if you have any questions regarding service availability in your area.
The Utilities Department may need to contact you regarding your request for utility services. Please provide a telephone number where you can be reached Monday - Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. Failure to provide accurate and complete information may interfere with our ability to complete your request. Please contact the Utilities Department at (919) 362-8676 if you have any questions.
To Connect Utilities:
- Please make certain you know the correct service address before submitting your utility application.
- If you are making an in-town move, your new address will have a different account number from your old address.
- Submitting a utility application for your new address will not disconnect your previous address. You must submit a disconnect request to close the account you are moving from.
After submitting your utility application, we will not contact you unless we have problems processing your request or if a deposit is required.
To Disconnect Utilities:
- Selling your home? Utility services will most likely be needed for the final walk-through. Please check with your real estate agent prior to scheduling the disconnection of your utility services.
- If you need to change your scheduled disconnection date, please call our office at (919) 362-8676 no later than 11:00 am on the originally schedule date.
- Please leave your garbage and recycling containers for the next resident. A fee is charged for missing containers.
- Bank Draft Customers: Final bill payments are not drafted. The payment for your final bill must be made by check, credit card or cash.