Street Maintenance


Street Maintenance

Contact: Robert Menges, Street Supervisor
Phone: (919) 249-3535


 The Town maintains over 118 miles of roadway.

Street Maintenance Day-to-Day Responsibilities

  • Make minor repairs to Town-maintained streets
  • Perform sidewalk, curb and gutter repairs
  • Install, and repair street signs
  • Inspect and maintain storm drainage easements
  • Install handicap ramps and paint crosswalks
  • Cut and maintain grass on all roadsides
  • Sweep subdivisions
  • Snow removal from streets

Frequently Asked Questions

Q: How do I report a clogged storm drain, misaligned storm drain cover, missing street sign, or sight distance problem at an intersection?
A: Call Public Works & Utilities at (919) 249-3427 between 7:30am and 4:30pm. If the problem occurs after hours, over a holiday, or during the weekend call the Apex Police Department at (919) 362-8661 and they will dispatch the on-call personnel.  

Q: Who do I call for pot hole repair?
A: Many of the roads within the Town of Apex are State-maintained* (see list below). Please contact the North Carolina Department of Transportation at (919) 733-4768 to report a pothole on any of these roads.  Please call the Public Works & Utilities Department at (919) 249-3427 to report a pot hole on a Town-maintained street.

  • Apex Barbecue Road
  • Center Street / Ten Ten Road
  • Green Level Church Road
  • Highway 55
  • Highway 64
  • Hughes Street (from Hwy 55/US1 to Hwy 55 near Salem St.)
  • Hunter Street (Salem St. to Hwy 55)
  • James Street (from Hughes St. to Tingen Rd.)
  • Jenks Road
  • Lake Pine Drive
  • Laura Duncan Road
  • Lufkin Road
  • Old Jenks Road
  • Olive Chapel Road
  • Salem Street
  • Schieffelin Road
  • Sunset Lake Road
  • Tingen Road
  • W. Chatham Street (from Salem St. to Hunter St.)

*There may be other State-maintained roads not listed.

Q: Who do I call for a malfunctioning traffic light?
A: To report a traffic light that is not operating properly call the North Carolina Department of Transportation at (919) 220-4600.