Contact: Robert Menges, Street Supervisor
Phone: (919) 249-3535
The Town maintains over 118 miles of roadway.
Street Maintenance Day-to-Day Responsibilities
- Make minor repairs to Town-maintained streets
- Perform sidewalk, curb and gutter repairs
- Install, and repair street signs
- Inspect and maintain storm drainage easements
- Install handicap ramps and paint crosswalks
- Cut and maintain grass on all roadsides
- Sweep subdivisions
- Snow removal from streets
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How do I report a clogged storm drain, misaligned storm drain cover, missing street sign, or sight distance problem at an intersection?
A: Call Public Works & Utilities at (919) 249-3427 between 7:30am and 4:30pm. If the problem occurs after hours, over a holiday, or during the weekend call the Apex Police Department at (919) 362-8661 and they will dispatch the on-call personnel.
Q: Who do I call for pot hole repair?
A: Many of the roads within the Town of Apex are State-maintained* (see list below). Please contact the North Carolina Department of Transportation at (919) 733-4768 to report a pothole on any of these roads. Please call the Public Works & Utilities Department at (919) 249-3427 to report a pot hole on a Town-maintained street.
- Apex Barbecue Road
- Center Street / Ten Ten Road
- Green Level Church Road
- Highway 55
- Highway 64
- Hughes Street (from Hwy 55/US1 to Hwy 55 near Salem St.)
- Hunter Street (Salem St. to Hwy 55)
- James Street (from Hughes St. to Tingen Rd.)
- Jenks Road
- Lake Pine Drive
- Laura Duncan Road
- Lufkin Road
- Old Jenks Road
- Olive Chapel Road
- Salem Street
- Schieffelin Road
- Sunset Lake Road
- Tingen Road
- W. Chatham Street (from Salem St. to Hunter St.)
*There may be other State-maintained roads not listed.
Q: Who do I call for a malfunctioning traffic light?
A: To report a traffic light that is not operating properly call the North Carolina Department of Transportation at (919) 220-4600.