Director: Kent Jackson, P.E.
Phone: 919-249-3418 Fax: 919-249-3407
Inspection Request Line: (919) 249-3388
The Building Permits department is pleased to introduce a new link on our website for our contractors and homeowners that are currently doing business with the Town of Apex. The site can be accessed by clicking ePermits.
Contractors: You will not be able to apply for permits but will be able to check permit and/or inspection results. Registration is required. If you have not accessed the Website before, ePermit instructions are available by following this link.
Questions about ePermits should be directed to Anne Brock.
PLEASE TAKE NOTE: Effective April 1, 2013, North Carolina General Assembly Session Law 2012-158 requires all permit applicants to include information of the property owner’s designated Lien Agent with the building permit application. Please complete the Lien Agent Designation Form.
- Review and approval of construction plans
- Perform field inspections
- Provide answers to questions pertaining to state and local codes and ordinances related to the building construction industry
- Enforcement of North Carolina State Building Codes as required by General Statute and adopted by the Building Code Council
We are committed to providing the best service possible by way of prompt and courteous responses to the needs of those requiring the services of our inspection division. Our commitment extends to continually expanding our technical knowledge and to the modification of our procedures to best serve the building community and the citizens of the Town of Apex.
The Code Enforcement Officers enforce the following in whole or in part:
- The Code of Ordinances - Town of Apex
- Town of Apex Unified Development Ordinance
- The Town of Apex Standard Specifications and Construction Details
- North Carolina State Building Codes
- North Carolina Building Code
- North Carolina Administration and Enforcement Requirements Code
- North Carolina Accessibility Code
- North Carolina Plumbing Code
- North Carolina Mechanical Code
- North Carolina Electrical Code
- North Carolina Fire Prevention Code*
- North Carolina Gas Code
- North Carolina Residential Code for One & Two Family Dwellings
- North Carolina Modular Construction Regulations
- North Carolina Existing Buildings Code
- North Carolina Energy Code
- North Carolina Manufactured/Mobile Home Regulations
*Enforcement of the North Carolina Fire Prevention Code is administered by the Town of Apex Fire Department (919-249-4001).