Each year, a private residence on Holt Road puts on a large light display for public viewing. While this is not an activity organized by the town, the Apex Police Department actively works to ease the impact on traffic during viewing times. The homeowner pays off-duty police officers to assist with traffic control.
The Town of Apex does not set the schedule for viewing dates or times. That schedule is set by the property owner, and can generally be viewed on their Facebook page. Note: This year, the homeowner requires tickets to view lights, with a max capacity of tickets each night.
Scroll below for helpful maps!
How to enter / exit the display:
- Prior to gates opening, visitors should line up at Salem Elementary School (see gold star on map below). DO NOT queue on Holt Road or Old Jenks Road. Officers working the event will reroute any visitors who line up and block the roadway prior to the gates opening. (Be sure to check opening times before visiting.)
- Follow the route shown in GREEN on the two maps below (the first shows greater detail of the traffic queue, the second shows the preferred route along Holt Road out to NC55 upon exiting the display)
- Traffic must enter from Davis Drive (Left turns onto Holt Road from Old Jenks Road are not allowed)
- Traffic must queue through the Salem Elementary / Salem Middle School campus
- Avoid u-turns on Holt Road, Old Jenks Road, and surrounding neighborhood roads
- Check back soon for a map of the entrance / exit points
Remember – this is a residential area. To make this an enjoyable experience for all:
- Be patient - this activity draws a large crowd. Please be prepared to wait.
- Do not block driveways of homes or businesses, or road intersections
- Move traffic efficiently by staying alert, and remaining in your vehicle at all times
- Help us keep the area clean – leave any trash in your car
- Leave your holiday music at a reasonable volume
If you are a resident in the area surrounding this property: Residential permits will be delivered to a select list of addresses.