Each year, a private residence on Holt Road puts on a large light display for public viewing. While this is not an activity organized by the town, the Apex Police Department actively works to ease the impact on traffic during viewing times. The homeowner currently pays off-duty police officers to assist with traffic control.
The Town of Apex does not set the schedule for viewing dates or times. That schedule is set by the property owner, and can generally be viewed on their Facebook page.
How to enter / exit the display:
- Follow the route shown in RED on the map below
- Traffic must enter from Davis Drive (Left turns onto Holt Road from Old Jenks Road are not allowed)
- Traffic must queue through the Salem Elementary / Salem Middle School campus
- Avoid u-turns on Holt Road, Old Jenks Road, and surrounding neighborhood roads
- Check back soon for a map of the entrance / exit points
Remember – this is a residential area. To make this an enjoyable experience for all:
- Be patient - this activity draws a large crowd. Please be prepared to wait.
- Do not block driveways of homes or businesses, or road intersections
- Move traffic efficiently by staying alert, and remaining in your vehicle at all times
- Help us keep the area clean – leave any trash in your car
- Leave your holiday music at a reasonable volume
If you are a resident in the area surrounding this property:
Residential permits will be issued to a select list of addresses. Permits will be available for pick up beginning Monday, November 21st at the Apex Police Department (205 Saunders Street) and Apex Town Hall (73 Hunter Street) from 8 am – 5 pm, Monday – Friday. Offices are closed on November 24 - 25.