- Town Departments
- Public Works Department
- Garbage, Recycling & Yard Waste
- Yard Waste Collection
Yard Waste Collection
Yard Waste collection is performed by the Town of Apex Public Works & Transportation Department personnel for residential customers.
Collection occurs weekly on the business day following garbage and recycling collection. On occasion, weekly collection is not possible, due to these reasons:
- Inclement weather (this includes periods of heavy rain)
- Holidays (yard waste collection workers are town employees, and get 11 paid holidays)
- High Demand (especially from October - December during peak leaf season)
Report missed collection to our customer service team one of two ways:
- Complete an online service request form.
- Call Customer Service at (919) 362-8676
3 Types of Trucks
visit your street on yard waste collection day
|Truck Type||What This Truck Collects||Tips for Collection|
Check your schedule using our address lookup tool. Please note that there may be slight delays in programming this tool with newly constructed home addresses.
In an effort to divert inappropriate materials from Wake County landfills, the Town of Apex encourages the use of compost bins to help residents dispose of yard waste.
If you have a question regarding your collection day, or to report missed collection, contact Customer Service at (919) 362-8676.