NOTE: The Hunter St dog park scanner is currently not working. We are working to get that fixed as soon as possible.
NOTE: The dog parks will be closed as noted below for routine maintenance each month:
- Hunter Street Park - 2nd Tuesday of every month from 7am-12pm
- Apex Nature Park - 2nd Thursday of every month from 7am-12pm
The parks are fenced areas that remain locked at all times. To access either park, you must register your dog(s) annually. You will receive one key card upon initial registration that unlocks the gate. Additional key cards can be purchased for $10/card. If you do not renew your pass after a year, your card(s) will be deactivated and you will not be able to enter either dog park. A limit of 2 dogs per multiple dog pass is permitted. Additional fees must be paid for each dog over 2 dogs.
- Single dog (per year): $30 for resident / $60 for nonresident
- Multiple dogs (per year): $50 for resident / $100 for nonresident
NOTE: Please note that all renewal passes will reflect time lost when the dog parks were closed due to COVID-19.
To apply for a new dog park pass, or to renew an expired one, start by filling out this form. You can register up to 2 dogs per form, so if you have 3 or more dogs you will need to complete more than one more. Once received, staff will review your application and contact you at the phone number provided to collect payment. After payment is received, the pass will be reactivated or mailed to you. Applications are processed at the Apex Community Center (53 Hunter Street). You must submit proof of rabies vaccination / expiration date and assigned rabies tag number from the veterinarian when you register. The rabies certificate can be scanned and attached to the online submission.
If you prefer to register in person, you can come to the Apex Community Center (when open). Rabies vaccination information can be printed out, or pulled up from your cell phone. Staff just needs to see the information to verify the information - you do not need to bring a separate copy.
Dog Park Basics
- A key card is required to enter the park, and your card is good for both dog parks.
- Each adult may have a maximum of 2 dogs at a time in the park.
- Children 10 and under are not allowed inside the fenced area.
- Dogs must have collar with ID, and display rabies vaccination tags at all times.
- Dogs under 6 months of age are prohibited.
- Additional rules listed on registration form.
Dog Park Features
- 2 acre park, fenced and lighted
- Pet waste stations
- Separate sections for small dogs and for large dogs
- Shade gazebos and benches
- Water fountains
- Wood chips for ground cover