Review the Draft Plan and submit your comments during the January 25th Town Council meeting Public Hearing.
Comments regarding the draft plan can be submitted through February 1st to Shawn Purvis.
The Town of Apex is in the process of evaluating Town-owned facilities, parks, programs, and services to identify barriers to accessibility, and ensure compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
ADA Assessment and Transition Plan
The Town has hired a consultant, Tindale Oliver, to assist with the assessment and creation of an ADA Transition Plan. This plan is a formal document available to the public outlining the town's compliance with ADA, and will include the following:
- Identification and location of physical barriers
- Method used to make facility accessible
- Schedule for removing barriers and making modifications
- An estimate of the cost for making the modifications
- April 2020 - November 2021 - Self-Assessment by Town Staff (through consultant, Tindale Oliver)
- October 2021 - January 2022 - Public Engagement (survey, public forums)
- January 25, 2022 - Presentation of Draft Plan to Town Council
- February 8, 2022 - Formal adoption by Town Council
Implementation of plan recommendations has begun informally, but will more concentrated efforts will begin in July 2022, with the new fiscal year.