Advance Apex was a 20-month planning process conducted between July 2017 and February 2019 that resulted in two plans – a long-range transportation plan and an updated future land use map. The community-driven planning process was intended to: establish the 2045 vision for the transportation system and land use in Apex, identify needs and deficiencies, guide growth and development, recommend specific projects and strategies, and create an action plan for implementation.
At the February 5, 2019 meeting, the Town Council voted unanimously to adopt Advance Apex: The 2045 Transportation Plan and Advance Apex: The 2045 Land Use Map Update. The plans and maps, as adopted on February 5, 2019, are available for viewing using the links below. Note – these are living documents that can be amended over time. The latest versions are available at the bottom of this page.
- Advance Apex: The 2045 Land Use Map Update (PDF)
- 2045 Land Use Map (PDF) - as adopted on February 5, 2019
- Advance Apex: The 2045 Transportation Plan (PDF)
- Appendix A - Outreach Summary (PDF)
- Appendix B - Project Sheets (PDF)
- Appendix C - Policy Scan (PDF)
- Appendix D - Thoroughfare Designations (PDF)
- Appendix E - Recommendations Maps (PDF) - as adopted on February 5, 2019
The maps depicting the Town’s long range transportation and land use plans are “living” documents, regularly updated based on new information and development. Any updates to the maps are presented during a public hearing for consideration by both the Planning Board and Town Council. To receive notice of public hearings, sign up here. Access the latest maps using the links below:
- 2045 Land Use Map (PDF)
- Thoroughfare and Collector Street Plan Map (PDF)
- Bicycle and Pedestrian System Plan Map (PDF) (note this replaces the Bicycle, Pedestrian, and Equestrian Plan Map)
- Transit Plan Map (PDF)
- Context Areas Map (PDF)
Any questions about Advance Apex or the Town’s long range plans can be directed to: Shannon Cox, AICP, Long Range Planning Manager, email Shannon Cox or 919-249-3505.